An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Riverstar
Featured Member

RP Stats
HP:
35/35  (35/35)
Skill: 0

PostSubject: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone! Atrel and DF Vampire made the good suggestion of starting a discussion thread so that we can all keep track of what we know about the event so far. Post your theories, thoughts, discussions, ideas - everything, and I'll keep track of it. Hopefully we'll find out who these strangers are!
I have also been informed that they may drop hints while casually chatting in the chatbox! So if you seem them lurking around, make sure to log in and chat to find out as much as we can. Now, the Dark Forest wolves cannot see this post, so feel free to gossip or speculate as much as you like!
If they do drop a hint in the chatbox, make sure to grab a screenie (or even a copy pasta!) and link it here so we can keep track! We want to make sure we can get every bit of information we can to reveal the wolves.

Our clues so far:
Riddle Clues:

Shadow/Mismatched Eyes Clues:

Finding the Names:

Since the aim of this event is to reveal the Dark Forest Wolves, and free the dead wolves that are stuck in the Dark Forest, here's a handy table to all the clues we have about each one.
Dark Forest Rank
Name
Information
Source
???

1. Has mismatched eyes
  2. Refuses to be separated from her sister
  3. Youngest wolf in the forest (with her sister)
  4. Younger twin
  5. Killian is the twins' old teacher
  6. Appear to be Killian's offspring

1. This post
  2. This post
  3. This post
  4. This post
  5. This post and this post
  6. Chat logs shown in this post

1. Dark Forest Agent KNOWN
  2. Will drop hints to wolves in RP and users in the CB
  3. Black with dark wing-shaped patterns
  4. Has a lost lover - perhaps will pop up again in RP?
  5. Quite a mischief maker
  6. A part of Starclan once??
  7. Nickname is Trelly

1. This post
  2. This post
  3. This post and this post
  4. This post and this post. Confirmed in this post and this post
  5. This post
  6. This post. Confirmed in this post
  7. This post

Unfortunately withdrew from event due to time constraints

1. Kills leaders easily
  2. Seems to enjoy drawing out death

1. This post
  2. This post

Eclipsestar
Bio here

1. Dark Forest Warlord KNOWN
  2. Pure white with red blood stains
  3. Sadistic

1. This post and this post
  2. This post and this post
  3. This post

???

1. Seems to live up to his name of being a hired cutthroat
  2. Doesn't care about clan wolves - perhaps a housedog or stray instead?
  3. Old enough that he has no tie to the modern clans?

1. This post
  2. This post
  3. Mentions that "the old territories were better" in this post

???

1. Very obedient
  2. Possibly belongs to Puppet Master??
  3. Appears quite young, perhaps pup or apprentice aged
  4. More likely to be a house dog/stray
  5. Confirmed to have had a past life (just doesn't remember it)
  6. Has no verbal filter - perhaps if we get him to talk, we'll be able to learn something?

1. This post
  2. This post and This post
  3. This post EDIT: confirmed in chat logs shown in this post
  4. This post mentions going to explore the town
  5. Chat logs shown in this post
  6. Chat logs shown in this post

???

1. Manipulative
  2. Seems to know Killian??
  3. Possibly owns/controls Pet??

2. This post
  3. This post and This post

???

1. Appears to kill similar to those old stories of sirens - luring people to drown with their songs

1. Mentioned in chat, relayed in this post

Unfortunately withdrew from event due to time constraints

1. Appears to enjoy watching everything

1. This post

???

1. Seems to enjoy stealing lives
  2. Has mismatched eyes - the same as Killian (so right eye is storm grey, left eye is sea green)
  3. Twin of Assassin
  4. Refuses to be separated from her twin again
  5. Youngest wolf in the DF (with her twin)
  6. Older twin
  7. Killian is the twins' old teacher
  8. Appear to be Killian's offspring

2. This post, this post and Killian's bio
  3. This post
  4. This post
  5. This post
  6. This post
  7. This post and this post
  8. Chat logs shown in this post

Lusterpelt
Bio here

1. Cannibal
  2. Pure white with single red dot on forehead
  3. Sexist
  4. Maybe victim to Eclipsestar??

1. This post
  2. This post
  3. This post
  4. This post mentions him leaving a female for dead with a single drop of blood on her forehead (like her marking) and this post mentions her suffering at the paws of a single male enough that she went mad

???

1. Appears quite determined to change the med wolf code to allow gay lovers
  2. Only goal is to change a part of the med wolf code
  3. Atrel is his lover
  4. Nickname (or actual name?) is Fox

1. Mentioned twice in this post
  2. This post
  3. This post and this post
  4. This post

Last edited by Riverstar on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:46 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Graystar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 am

@Dark Forest Pet wrote:
Bouncing along happily, and still humming his cheerful tune, the shadow had darted in front of his mistress once they'd arrived here, exploring curiously. More relaxed once he found that the only scents here were very stale and old, he darted about excitedly before returning to her obediently. "Are we going to stay here a while? Will I be able to go explore soon by myself? Can I talk to anyone or do I just have to watch them?" He didn't like just watching, he liked getting to know other wolves and dogs, or at least he was pretty sure he did. His past life was very very foggy, and he just trusted her when she told him what it'd been like. After all, she was so much wiser and had been around longer than he had. Settling down in his normal position in front of her, his big green eyes looked up at her, waiting patiently for her responses.

Some information I found: It seems like it would be pretty easy to get the Pet to talk, as he mentions that he would like to get to know other wolves or dogs. That, combined with the fact that we know he doesn't have a filter, means that it would likely be very easy to get information out of him provided the Puppet Master doesn't forbid him/is not present.

From this post:

@Dark Forest Pet wrote:
Perking up when he saw his mistress arriving, the inexperienced shadow bounced up and down eagerly. Pleased that she'd freed him, he took a quick snoop around the place, curious about the area before listening to her again. he did very much want to have a physical shape again, and then maybe he'd be able to wander around the human homes and see if he could find anything of interest there. About to do as he was told and try to find his physical form, the appearance of the other shadow caused him to immediately zoom deep into the brambles, hiding. He didn't like any of the other dark forest wolves, all they would do was hurt him, and he definitely wasn't going to make a fool of himself with failing to find his physical shape with another one around. He didn't care that his mistress would likely get angry with him, his fear of the other dark forest wolves was far greater, and so he huddled silently down in the brambles, making himself as small and as unnoticeable as he possibly could.

It can be inferred that he is scared of and doesn't like the other Dark Forest wolves.

And then from this post:

@Dark Forest Pet wrote:
Breathing a sigh of relief when she didn't seem annoyed, the young shadow perked up at the chance to explore somewhere else. He did so want to have his proper shape. Then he could keep getting his rewards for being good, and maybe if he was super good he'd be able to explore on his own. This place looked like so much fun. Bouncing after her at the command, he managed to get out of the brambles only getting caught twice maybe three times. Bounding along and humming a bit of music to himself he followed along obediently, very much not wanting to get in trouble. His other punishments had been so painful. Shivering, he bolted after her, wondering where they were going.

He also seems to be friendly and doesn't appear to be malicious, so it's possible that he didn't end up in the Dark Forest for a bad deed. Perhaps he somehow got stuck there?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonbreeze
Young Warrior

RP Stats
HP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 am

@Dark Forest Siren wrote:
The siren reacted quickly as the female lunged at her. Swiftly, the white form dissolved into a black, wispy mist, allowing the other wolf to pass right through her. Siren quickly reformed in the shallows of the river, head lifted while a smug grin was worn across her face. Oh, what a sweet reaction she got! She could feel the rage of the RiverClan she-wolf, the grief, the pain. It was what the siren loved the most; others had to feel the pain she felt when she lived her miserable life. A soft laugh left the muzzle of the green-eyed she-wolf, observing the enraged RiverClanner. They shared quite a similar appearance, oddly enough, though the siren was somewhat bigger.
The siren regarded the said she-wolf with a soft, melodic purr. "Ah, I'd like to see you try. I am already dead, darling. There'd be no point." She looked away momentarily. "It's sad that my name isn't remembered to this day. The siren, with her dark song, her words so false, so fake to gain trust. Luring her enemies and rivals away from camp to their deaths, to be drowned in the river or slaughtered next to it. Who left their corpses in the water, staining it with their blood before it was swept away with the current... What a frightening tale to tell the pups." A sigh left the canine before she shook her pelt, sending water flying. Yet, it never seemed to dry. "I leave you to grieve. But I'll be watching. Weep for me all you want." With that, the siren turned and disappeared into the water.

Sirens last post here appears to have a little bit of a riddle in it in regards to her name. It makes me think that she may be named something to do with her voice perhaps??

I am also keeping an eye out for the DF wolf return to see what comes from Wiseass and Atrel as there appears to be a story coming soon.

Gray in regards to your notes on Pet you may be onto something perhaps one of the loner wolves could see if they can't catch them without Puppet if she leaves before him to go somewhere else maybe?

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 am

Hello everyone! Good work on discovering only one DF Wolf - that is a bit disappointing however, considering how long this event has been going on. We've been informed that our wonderful volunteers are getting quite bored, and are willing to boost their activity if the limits on who they can kill are lifted. This is a heads up for everyone here that unless activity picks up, those limits will be lifted, and they will be given free reign to kill whoever they like without warning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thefiveclansrpg.forumotion.com
Whiteshadow
Warrior

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm

You mean they can kill even a character we dont want to kill off?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larkstar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:15 pm

@Whiteshadow- I suppose that's what Starclan meant, though I'm not entirely sure myself. It could also mean that maybe they'd have free reigns on characters that have gone inactive? Perhaps more clarification from Starclan might be helpful.

As far as solving who the DF wolves are, I think we've narrowed down who DF Thief and DF Assassin might be. It was already speculated earlier that they are Killian's offspring who were likely born in the fighting ring. We know that they are the youngest of the Dark Forest wolves, and considering that neither of them had pups, it's assumed that they were rather young when they died.

Atrel:

Atrel confirmed it on the chat box.
We can also assume what their fighting names are by looking at Killian's post here:

Killian:

So we already know what their fighting names are based on Killian's post, namely 'The Thief' and 'The Assassin.' However there is still the possibility that the twins could have other names that aren't known to us yet, such as how Killian was named 'The Shadow' in the fighting ring and 'Killian' outside the ring.
However, I'm kind of leaning towards that they weren't given any other names outside the ring. Since they're Killian's pups and were basically raised by him, it seems likely that they were given fight names once they proved themselves. We can gather this from Killian's post with Lion.
Killian:

This is mostly speculation, but I'm pretty sure that the twins likely died in the fighting ring without ever escaping. If you notice, in their posts they're often very playful and happy when going to new areas more than any other Dark Forest wolf is.
Thief:

Also another post by Thief:
Thief:

Another bit of proof to this is Killian's reaction to seeing the twins for the first time since the fighting ring.
Killian:

We know that Killian escaped the fighting ring, and based on what was posted above, it's likely that the twins were still alive when he escaped. It is possible that the twins could have escaped and then died, but it seems more likely to me that they died inside the ring.

So basically to some it all up:
While in the Fighting Ring, Killian had two pups that were raised to be fighters. Much like their father who was called 'Shadow' at the time, the two were given the fighting names 'Assassin' and 'Thief' respectively. Their father raised them to be to be fighters and taught them what he knew. Eventually, Shadow escaped along with a couple of other canines, leaving his two offspring behind. Sometime later, when the pair were between the age of one and two they both died, either killed in a fight or by some unknown reason. Assassin and thief were welcomed into the Dark Forest shortly after.

If there's anything I overlooked please let me know. I'm not particularly good at solving mysteries so feel free to point anything out that I misunderstood. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://larky-the-potato.deviantart.com/
Graystar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 am

@Moon; I agree that it would be a good idea to see if a loner could catch the Pet without the Puppet. If the Puppet leaves the Pet alone at some point, I'll try to have one of my characters (maybe Kody if the Pet is still in the loner territory) run into him.

@Lark; I agree with you that it's likely that the only names The Thief and The Assassin have are their fighting names. From the one post you quoted by Killian, it seems very probable that he wouldn't have given them names until they earned them.

It's possible that we might get some information out of Atrel or The Wiseass if they end up speaking to Pigeonheart and Maplepaw. If I notice anything I'll be sure to post it on the thread.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riverstar
Featured Member

RP Stats
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 am

Oh awesome guys! I'll add all that stuff to the main post tomorrow when I get wifi. Also it looks like Starclan has confirmed at least 2 wolves used old bios so that should give us a bit of a helping hand when it comes to figuring those two out! I personally have no idea who it could be right now, but I'll give the bios and the wolves a comb over when I can to see what I can find. Unless someone else beats me to it of course Wink

"Perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well."
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
"Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting."
"To die will be an awfully big adventure."

Avvie done by Lark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Dark Forest Rising Event Discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4