The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Master Hunts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawnflame
Young Warrior
Dawnflame

RP Stats
HP:
Master Hunts? Left_bar_bleue35/35Master Hunts? Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
Skill: 0

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 am

So I believe a factor in inactivity is because you really can't do anything else if the person you're roleplaying with has not replied? And if the person has really gone inactive, this creates two inactive characters instead of one. So maybe we should have in-clan events kinda thing to boost up activity, and give members something else to do.

We could have events like an organised hunt, with different prey for each clan or maybe dangerous predators like badgers? And prey could be like elk, deer, or maybe large fish? And these could be done in an rpg format, with dice rolls and the like. The roleplay could be looser and faster than usual rp, since this is kinda like a battle lmao, and runs on a slot system.

For example, I think it could go something like an admin, mod or someone else with permission to host a hunt could make a thread announcing a hunt in say, ThunderClan, and open slots for around five characters. Maybe each person is only allowed to bring in one character to prevent someone from potentially taking up all the slots. After all slots are filled (or after a certain amount of time) the actual rp will start. Each member will post their action and after each post (or maybe after a whole round of everyone posting) the host will roll a dice to determine how sucessful their actions were, eventually bringing down the prey hp down to 0.

Dice rolls could be done by the host or by the players themselves (i think there's a code that can be put into the site? or maybe the built in rpg system might work)
And if anyone knows D&D, it'll follow that format, d20 = critical hit, d1 = really bad move. The dice will be used to determine actions like attack, sneaking, defending, and wolves can optionally be hurt in a hunt? Like getting kicked etc

At the end of each round of posts (or just each post), the host (who plays the prey/predator) will react to what each character has done, and maybe roll to attack or flee. This can also bring the skill points into play, with a bonus based on the character's rp stats. (+1 to the roll if they have a point in the skill needed, etc) and at the end of each successful hunt skill points can be given out
(giving warriors a way to train up skills)

idk this is messy if any clarification is needed i can explain lmao
Back to top Go down
http://dillykai.deviantart.com
Dawnflame
Young Warrior
Dawnflame

RP Stats
HP:

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 am

extra concept: battles or territory skirmishes can be held this way too, and maybe npc fighting?
Back to top Go down
Blackwidow
Warrior
Blackwidow

RP Stats
HP:
Master Hunts? Left_bar_bleue40/40Master Hunts? Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am

That sounds like a great idea. I see you put a lot of thought into this. Hopefully it gets up and running. Awesome job Dawn
Back to top Go down
Dawnflame
Young Warrior
Dawnflame

RP Stats
HP:

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 9:14 am

thanks, widow! c:
Back to top Go down
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:
Master Hunts? Left_bar_bleue30/30Master Hunts? Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 am

We actually used to have these called random events! I posted some ideas in the mod threads but they never got going; I really like the idea of master hunts and the other ideas you've proposed Dawn. perhaps we can all come up with some ideas to add adn the mods can begin implementing them in rp

Rosethorn wrote:
A good way to keep people active on the site I believe is to hold events, contests and raffles etc. Wondering if we can get together some ideas and then once we start getting members i'll begin putting them into play. Here are some to get us started ^3^

Random Monthly Event ideas
Perches flow is tasting disgusting to drink - Humans dumping dead animals in the water or something
Lights flickering in the swamp, is it starclan sending a warning or humans who knows?
Baited deer traps to try and kill off some of the wolves
Bear traps
Infestation of ants or something in one fo the dens
Humans camping and setting off fireworks - could start a fire so have to figure out how to combat this and save their land
Poaching - deer are becoming mor eand more scarce in greenleaf what to do
Perhaps for house dogs someones been stealing collars to get dogs impounded, or their houses are being catburgled
Loners/rouges could be a sudden influx of prey in one spot causign tensions to rise because they're all together?
Big events
I had a thought perhaps of a decent sized earthquake, it'd topple some trees, perhaps change the course of perches flow or even make land rise up out of the swamp.
A week of two months worth of rain - Flooding, prey fleeing the water, could be seen as an omen
Halloween themed event that runs for the month of october?
Contest Ideas
Perhaps some art contests, or some writing competitions
Raffle Ideas
Back to top Go down
http://anythingoesrp.forumotion.co.nz/
Dawnflame
Young Warrior
Dawnflame

RP Stats
HP:

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:17 am

ahhh i remember those! I think those would be great if there was more activity, and i'd love to see those events implemented (I think NPCs would ease the introduction of the events? ovo)
The hunts i'm proposing are more short-term, though - just quick seperate threads so members have something to do and encourage activity nvn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Master Hunts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Hunts?   Master Hunts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Master Hunts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Five Clans RPG :: General :: Maintenance, Support & Suggestions :: Event Suggestions-
Jump to: