The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Riverstar training Galepaw

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:
Riverstar training Galepaw Left_bar_bleue35/35Riverstar training Galepaw Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
Skill: 0

Riverstar training Galepaw Empty
PostSubject: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 am

Welcome Galepaw to your training with Riverstar. You've been lucky enough to secure the leader as your mentor, however that doesn't mean he'll go easy on you. Work hard, don't get distracted, and you'll do just fine!
To succeed in training and graduate to warrior, you'll need to get 30/60 in three skills. Let me know if there's anything you want to focus on!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals [0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals [0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals [0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing [0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey [8/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs [0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators [0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting [8/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting [4/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving [0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

Last edited by Riverstar on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:
Riverstar training Galepaw Left_bar_bleue20/20Riverstar training Galepaw Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 4:28 am

Galepaw wriggled around the training grounds eagerly as he awaited for Riverstar to show up. Ever since his apprentice ceremony the young dark brute and been full of excitement at learning from the great leader. His eyes shone brightly as he lowered his body down into a low crouch and his tail stick up in the air as he leapt for a leaf that was low on the ground. His still small fangs closed around the steam as his paws pinned the leaf to the dirt and he chomped on it briefly before pulling away to start spitting the bits of wood from his mouth. "Yuck. That is gross." he complained out loud.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:
Riverstar training Galepaw Left_bar_bleue35/35Riverstar training Galepaw Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 am

Hearing the complaints as he came over, the dark red male almost laughed quietly. Finding a place in the sun to warm his coat, he sat, watching the little one for a moment. “Practising already, are we? That's a good sign.” Pausing, he considered what the pup was going to have to learn, his tail flicking over the ground absently. It would be best to start off with something the pup was eager to learn, he decided. Something that he wouldn't mind doing over and over again until he got it. That would make it easier when they got to the more boring things to learn. “What are you most interested in learning first, pup?”
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:
Riverstar training Galepaw Left_bar_bleue20/20Riverstar training Galepaw Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Still spitting out bits of wood from his mouth the apprentice jumped when he heard the voice of his mentor. "RIVERSTAR!" he shouted before with one last spit to get the last bit of wood out of his mouth. Bounding over the dark pelted small brute danced around excitedly only stopping totilt his head at his leaders question. "I wanna learn to fight so I can defend my clan " he finally said his head nodding rapidly as his tail wagged. He couldnt wait to get started with Riverstar and if one was truthful Galepaw was still in shock over the fact that his leader had chosen to mentor him himself.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 5:21 am

Amused, Riverstar glanced around the clearing, sniffing the air. “Well, that's a good thing. I think all the prey just got scared off. Maybe next time we'll work on being quieter, hm?” Tilting his head to the side a little, he considered the young pup. Fighting might be a good start, to help get rid of a lot of his excess energy before they practised with the hunting side of things. “A good skill to choose,” he said, thinking out the best way to explain. He'd never been the best at fighting, much preferring to fish or hunt, but he'd do his best by the little pup. “In a fight, you want to stay on the advantage,” he finally began explaining. “Keep them off balance and unsure of what you're going to do. It's hard to give you exact moves, most wolves come up with their own style and way of fighting. Does that all make sense?”
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 6:45 am

Galepaw laughed ducking his head with embrassment at Riverstars comment about the prey and his loudness. Attempting to sit still the apprentice looked up at his mentor. "Sorry Riverstar."
He said giving the red brute a sheepish smile. His ears pricked up as he absorbed the words his mentor gave him about fighting. "Yeps. Keep them off balance and find a fighting style that works for me." He told the large male starting to wriggle in his spot until he was almost dancing with eagerness.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 8:54 am

Riverstar nodded his head in approval. “Good. First thing to know is that while you're smaller than most of your other opponents right now, you'll automatically start off at a disadvantage. What you'll need to do is turn your small size into your advantage. One of the best moves is to leap onto your opponent's back and hold on as tight as you can.” Standing, he shook out his thick pelt and faced the young apprentice. “Once you're on securely, you're out of reach of their claws and teeth, and can inflict some damage yourself. Try it on me.” Perhaps this would settle the apprentice down, maybe it would get him more excited, who knew. But he was eager to learn, and that was the main thing. It would have been so much harder to teach a pup who didn't want to learn.
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 am

Galepaw absorbed the information while doing his best to hold still until Riverstar said he could try. Like a suddenly released bouncy ball the apprentice bounced around the leader, in and out of reach rapidly. He even slipped under the red male in a swift dive before jumping up to try and land on the red fur that covered the older males back. His small fangs grabbed a mouthful of fur as his paws windmilled around as he attempted to push his small body upwards.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 am

Giving a quiet sigh, Riverstar waited until he felt the sharp puppy teeth digging into his fur before dropping to the ground and rolling to get the pup off. Making sure not to squash him too much, the now freed leader got to his feet, nodding in approval. “Good, you tried to confuse me. Use your energy to your advantage, just don't use too much too fast, or you'll find yourself losing. Always be ready for a counter attack, a drop and roll is going to be the instinctive reaction to get rid of something hanging off a wolf's back.” Sitting down again, he continued the lesson. “If you do get pinned, don't think it's all over then. There are a couple of things you can do. Playing dead is one, however I reckon you'd have a bit of trouble staying still long enough to be able to surprise them.” Eyeing his apprentice, Riverstar paused for a moment before continuing with the other option. “Or you can get into a position to rake at their belly. Do it hard and deep enough, and you'll win the fight.”
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Galepaw squeaked as he was suddenly pressed to the ground and pinned by his leaders weight which made him let go of his fur prize.
He clambered to his paws listening to Riverstars advice and nodded taking it all in. Knowing the pup he would last a far while with his boundless energy but he knew he would have to stop at some point like he lost his bounce. Taking advantage of his mentors talking he rushed forward suddenly keeping low and attempted to bite his leg. With the fur he could grab the apprentice tugged backwards before ramming his tiny body forwards in an attempt to unbalance the red male and knock him over.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Loner
Claire

RP Stats
HP:
Riverstar training Galepaw Left_bar_bleue10/10Riverstar training Galepaw Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 12:20 pm

She'd heard from some loners that if one travelled through the packs lands one could come across the sea, filled with a burning desire to see it for the first time she'd left Shadesbury behind and had headed for the mountains that sheltered the town. Slipping up into them the well groomed young wolf had slipped from shadow to shadow, during her time away from her father she'd been taught plenty of fighting movements from Killian so she wasn't too worried about running into the pack of wolves. Green eyes glittered intensely as she explored, she'd paused to play in the waters of a pond briefly when she'd heard voices, crouching down and slipping into the shrubs scent briefly washed away from the water she had to hide a snort at the other young wolfs attempts at fighting. You must be joking? Moves like that would get him eaten alive, if thats the best these packs have then they're a pretty sad bunch still she was interested to see how the red wolf responded to the spotted wolfs attempt at an attack that to her was a frenzied attack with no real direction or focus. She'd seen dogs fight like that, they never lasted long, the ones that lasted were the ones like Killian. Methodical, deadly, cunning, sure aim, her list could go on, knowing she would remain scentless for a while yet she tilted her head a slight smirk etched onto her muzzle.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Watching the pup as he talked, Riverstar simply lifted his paw when he spotted the rush of movement. Not allowing the pup to knock him off balance, he sat down, putting his paw back on the ground. “Good try, but you don't have the size to even bother trying to knock a bigger wolf off balance.” He almost scolded the apprentice, placing a paw firmly on the pup's shoulders to finally get him still and not moving. “Stop rushing around so much, and use your head. Rushing willynilly will never let you win, and you'd just be throwing away any advantage that you might achieve by being small. The best fighters keep their head and think through what they're doing. They study their opponent and work out their weaknesses. Understand?”
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 4:41 am

Galepaw squirmed under Riverstars large paw that held hum down and the scolding made the pup stop moving as his ears dropped. He looked up at his red leader and nodded taking in his words of advice. "Yes Riverstar." he replied looking determined. He looked like a starfish what with his legs all spread out from under his body and he started to pull them back in close to his body while his ears flickered around. With his paws back by his side the apprentice waited with as much patience as he could to be let back up from his place on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 am

“Good,” the red hued leader said sternly, finally lifting his paw to let the apprentice up. “Next time you decide to be rude and ignore what I'm saying, you can go back to the nursery until you grow up.” Deciding not to continue the fighting training, he changed his mind to something that might make the apprentice calm down and hopefully listen. “Hunting next, since you can't listen well enough for fighting. Sniff the air, tell me what you can smell.” He could smell quail and rabbit, and possibly a large deer or two, but those would be too big and dangerous for the over-eager pup. A rabbit might give him a good run to get rid of the excess energy though. Staying quiet, he waited for the pup to answer him.
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:27 am

His ears flattened at Riverstars threat and the apprentice attempted to make himself smaller. The fear of being sent back to the nursery kept his body still as he lay on the ground even after his mentor let him up. Only once he was told to smell the area did the spotted wolf get back up and lifted his nose into the air. His nose wriggled as he sniffed padding around the leader to take in all the scents hanging in the air. "Rabbit and deer and that funny tasting ground bird thingy." he finally said not knowing what a quail was called. He didn't particularly like its taste so made no effort to learn about it when he had been a pup.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 am

Watching the pup, Riverstar nodded, pleased. “Good work. How about we try hunting one of the rabbits then?” More relaxed now that the pup was listening, he demonstrated a good hunting crouch, nosing the speckled black pup. “This is your crouch, try it out for me before you get underway after a rabbit.” Stretching, he corrected the apprentice's form and posture, nudging him a few times to make sure that he understood how to balance himself properly. Once he was mostly stable, the red leader nodded again. “Better. Watch where you're placing your paws when you move, and keep your bum down. Find some cover and try to stalk me before you scare all the prey off again. Once you can pounce without me detecting you, we'll move on.” Settling comfortably in the sun, he lay down, watching the apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 3:03 am

Galepaw perked back up with Riverstars praise on his scenting and his eyes attempted to memerise every inch of his mentors body in the hunting crouch. When it was his turn to try the speckled pup got into a clumsy crouch and he shifted his position as he was adjusted. When the nose of the red male pushed him over the first few rimes the apprentice went rolling until he was able to hold his balance under the nudge. At the release his dark head swiveled around until he found some bushes that were close to his leaders position.
Scurrying away in a different direction he glaced back at Riverstar before diving into the undergrowth. He was close to Claire but not in a position to pick up her scent and his direction of choice was in the opposite direction to her. He cept his bum low and crept along the floor until he was behind the large male.
Back to top Go down
Riverstar
Clan Leader
Riverstar

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

Pleased with how the apprentice was improving his crouch, Riverstar settled to lie in the sun peacefully, half closing his eyes. The sun was so nice, he could almost go for a snooze right about now. But no, the pup needed his training. The dark red tipped ears flicked, listening to the sounds around him, and easily picked up on the pup’s pawsteps. “I can hear you. Start again.” Turning his head to look directly at where the pup was hiding, he flicked his tail a little. “Watch the ground in front of you, make sure you don’t step on the twigs and dry leaves,” he reminded the pup, turning his head away again. “Tread softly, or you’ll find your prey escaping you without fail.”
Back to top Go down
Claire
Loner
Claire

RP Stats
HP:
Riverstar training Galepaw Left_bar_bleue10/10Riverstar training Galepaw Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 12:02 pm

She'd been watching closely quite amused at how these pack wolves did things, they wouldn't last a second against Killian. Smirking when the spotted younger wolf came close enough she began stalking him silently and hidden in the shadows her black fur allowing her to become one with them like her mentor. Slipping silently after him at just the right moment her back legs powered her forward, pinning the male with surprise on her side she sharply nipped him on the throat "You're dead pup" releasing him she moved away and into the sunlight studying the big red wolf while keeping herself out of the other younger wolfs paws. Any attempts at revenge were easily stepped out of reach of, her green eyes focused on sussing out the red wolf before she finally turned her attention back to the spotted wolf.  "you've got lots to learn if you ever want to be a real fighter, you wouldn't last five seconds in a ring" she added with a snort sitting down and curling her tail over her paws out of habit. Perhaps she was coming across as a little arrogant or snobbish but to her she was telling the truth her cold voice as chilly as the look in her green eyes. Her cold self was being shown, the facade that kept her safe, she'd learnt it from both Killian and Melissa when hanging out with them learning how to fight like a real fighter
Back to top Go down
Galepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Galepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 11:22 am

Galepaw groaned when Riverstar told him to start again because he was being to loud. He trotted out of the undergrowth and entered back in at a different location to try again. That attempt however was foiled by the sudden weight of another body landing on his sending him to the ground with a grunt. "Im not a ring fighter so I don't have to worry about a ring. Don't know what that is either." he told the black female as he padded over to sit by Riverstar shaking his spotted pelt out. "Im a clan apprentice learning to support and defend my family." His small chest puffed out because he was proud of the fact that once he had the skills in paws he would be able to help his clan through the tough times of leaf bear and potential border wars. "Who are you Miss?" he asked suddenly remembering his manners that had been beaten into his brain by his mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riverstar training Galepaw   Riverstar training Galepaw I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riverstar training Galepaw
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next