The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dead River

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StarClan

StarClan

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 1:58 am

[Idea by Minkpaw]
The Dead River 316ky29

The Dead River is named after its forlorn appearance and still current.
Eels hide in the still murky water and fat lazy rainbow trout also swim through the depths.
Back to top Go down
https://thefiveclansrpg.rpg-board.net
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

Location : Running as fast as i can, after the gingerbread man

RP Stats
HP:
The Dead River Left_bar_bleue40/40The Dead River Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)
Skill: 0

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 am

Trotting up she sighed, finally she'd found the right place she'd gotten lost at least twice on her way here. Looking at the still moving river she could indeed confirm that it was the same one from Shadesbury park, clattering down on the pebbled shore of the beach she stared into the abyss of water wondering if she'd be quick enough to catch a fish. She was hungry again, wading into the water she snorkeled under the water trying to catch something and failing, huffing to herself she turned and waded back out. She'd just have to find something else to hunt, surely animals would come here to drink? She'd give it ago, well a couple of hours later she was puffed and still hadn't caught anything, it was much harder out here than it was in the two leg town. Her belly was growling rather loudly and so when she saw the fat squirrel a little way into the woods from the river she got up onto her paws and gave chase, managing to reach it before it knew what had happened she caught it, killed it and hungrily scoffed it down. It filled her for now and so she returned to the river and curled up in a patch of sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Avalanchepup
Pup
Avalanchepup

RP Stats
HP:
The Dead River Left_bar_bleue10/10The Dead River Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 am

Not a long time after Delilah laid down in a patch of sunlight leaves were heard crunching somewhere near the shore and the mist of the lake wasn't helping at all if she wanted to see what was causing it. It was Avalanche, a tiny Samoyed puppy who had lost his way from his mother. He had no collar but was old enough to be weaned off. He was currently trying to find his way home and became lost this way. He whimpered as he sniffed the ground, smelling no scent of his mother or any dog he knew.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 1:50 am

Half asleep by the time she heard the sounds of someone walking on the stones of the river, the greyhound lifted her head blinking her eyes a couple of times before everything came back into focus. It turned out the owner of the pawsteps was a puppy, he was white like a snowflake and fluffy like a sheep, he looked far too young to be out here by himself. Yawning the delicately built dog got up onto her paws and slipped over to him "Hello there Little one, what are you doing out here without your Mum?" Rather worried that he was out here all by himself her gaze flicked over his fluffy white fur searching for any signs of blood or hurt but it seemed that some how the pup was unscathed. She kept her features friendly not wanting to scare him as it was likely he was scared enough as he was the poor little thing
Back to top Go down
Avalanchepup
Pup
Avalanchepup

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 2:00 am

Avalanche lifted his head and looked towards the source of the voice, his ears quickly going back and he whimpered a little fearfully. This dog was a lot taller than him by a long shot but he managed to calm himself despite having thoughts of running. "I-I got lost from her a while ago." he said, he was obviously starving though nobody could tell due to how thick his fur coat was. His eyes were the brown of mud and he was old enough to had been weaned off.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 am

The poor thing was obviously malnourished, his white fur was patchy and hung off of the pup limply with no shine, this showed his ribs to the greyhound quite clearly. Studying him quietly through her gentle brown eyes she spoke again "Oh you poor thing, My names Delilah. Where did you see her last?" she wasn't exactly a great hunter as she'd had no real formal training it'd been mostly instincts which told her to run. They'd have more luck in town, especially the pup since he was cute two legs would be more likely to share their food with him. That was if he wanted to come with her after all, she wasn't sure if he would so she kept quiet for now waiting to hear the pups name. At the same time she was quietly deciding where they should go in Shadesbury for something to eat and in the end decided on the main square, the dog catcher was rather stupid and thus easily avoided if you had some streets smarts. A part of her was reluctant to leave the river incase Heavypaw came back, but he wouldn't come back so soon so surely it'd be okay if she left for a bit then came back after she'd found the pup some food?
Back to top Go down
Avalanchepup
Pup
Avalanchepup

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 am

Avalanche lowered his ears even more and his tail which had been wagging stopped wagging on a dime. He closed his huge round brown eyes and whimpered. He didn't remember where he saw her last. "I-I can't remember. I-I-I'm Avalanche." he introduced himself and then whined as he heard his poor little stomach growl.
Back to top Go down

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:09 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Heavypaw glanced over his shoulder for a brief moment, making sure he wouldn't be followed. He just had to get out of his territory, the wind was unbearable and he couldn't shake the screams out of his head. All he needed was to get away and take his mind off of things. Delilah would be more than capable of doing this, he was sure.

As he approached the dead river, he tasted the air in an attempt to catch his friends' scent. His tail wagged and his features lightened as he recognized the familiar trail, and followed it down where his friend was. However, he stopped in his tracks when he saw she wasn't alone. "Who's this?" Heavypaw demanded, a little harsher than he had intended.

" ...found myself "

posting code done by lilypadlils

Back to top Go down
Avalanchepup
Pup
Avalanchepup

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 am

Avalanche's one ear flicked behind him and he glanced around to see Heavypaw there. He gulped and cowered, lowering his body to the ground and brown eyes wide with terror. He tucked his tail down between his hind legs and panted fearfully. He didn't know this wolf and he certainly didn't want to.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:28 am

The fawn greyhound had tilted her head as the pup announced he couldn't remember much and that his name was Avalanche, the rather dangerous sounding name didn't really suit the sweet looking white fluffball that was infront of her. Still She was very reluctant to leave the river where she'd promised her friend she'd meet him, dithering over it a familiar smell made her features brighten up “Heavypaw!” she barked out with a wag of her tail. He spoke a little harsher than she'd expected him to, she blinked somewhat confused “This is Avalanche, a pup that can't find his mum” she explained carefully not wanting the wolf to misunderstand, misunderstand what exactly she wasn't that sure so she ignored it. Leaving the pup to trot over the pebbled shore to Heavy the slim dog wagged her whip like tail in greeting “I didn't think I'd be seeing you again so soon” a smell that permeated the air made the Greyhound flinch, gunpowder, she knew what that was. That was what the bad man smelt of, he took dogs outside, a bang was heard and they were never seen again. “Heavypaw, we need to get out of here, to another part of the loner territories, he's here, or someone like he is here” it was the simple smell of Gunpowder that unnerved the dog. She was trembling all of a sudden with a dark frightened, feral look in her gaze, she nudged his shoulder “now, we need to go we need to go now!” before the sound happened and one of them died. The mere smell of rooty tooty point n shooty powder sending her mind back to when she'd been a racer, feeling sick to the pit of her stomach and a metallic taste in her mouth the greyhound was on the verge of a panic attack. Looking up at him pleading silently for them to go, to get away from the smell and go somewhere safe and sound, safe and sound.
Back to top Go down

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:47 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

The dark apprentice narrowed his eyes on the small snowball-like pup, before letting himself relax. The grayhound started getting super peppy, like the Delilah he knew. The way she appeared before he came across was rather... unsettling. He'd never seen her so frustrated and conflicted. Probably because he'd just met her, but that didn't matter. "Yeah, there's a lot going on in WindClan right now, I just needed a break."

Suddenly she seemed really unsettled, he could see her heart beginning to pound within her thin frame. Then he smelt it too- a rather disgusting taste in the back of his throat quickly caught his attention. "What's this smell?" Heavypaw pawed at his nose in a feeble attempt to try and clear it from his nostrils. He narrowed his eyes and looked out into the distance where he could scent the trail was coming from.

An interesting shape appeared just above the horizon line, the silhouette was one he recognized. Heavypaw was sent straight into a sense of distress as his eyes widened into saucers. It was back. Back for her. "Run!" he screeched, bolting over to the small pup and scooping him up quickly by the scruff of his neck, holding him gently in his jaws as he thundered away, knowing full well Delilah was capable of speeds even he couldn't reach.

But then... it hit him. Would he really let it get away with what it's done? He couldn't let that happen. He owed it to... Heavypaw skidded to a halt and hid Avalanche in the security of the tall grass before turning around and planting his paws firmly where he stood, arching his eyebrows.

No.

This... thing had taken away someone he had loved dearly once- and it was back! Back for Delilah! He would not stand for this! It was time to end this once and for all.

Heavypaw drew in a breath and let out his most powerful howl, his low baritones echoing across the plains and nearly rivaled the screeching that the wind was making. After his vocal display, he pulled his lips back and bared his teeth in a menacing snarl. "You may have won the last time we met, but I was younger then. I was weak. You won't win this time!" he growled, flattening his ears. He risked a worried glance at Delilah, and offered her a smile, a glint in his pine green eye sparked as they locked into her warm amber optics. I won't lose you, too.

The dark apprentice launched himself across the clearing, easily covering the distance between him and the creature in a few bounds. But as he pounced to get a mouthful of the creatures pale flesh, he realized something as a loud sharp pop whizzed by his ear.

This wasn't the same creature that... that took his mother.

It was too late to turn back. His teeth sunk into the skin of its arm and dug in as deep as he could until he felt the crunch of bone. The creature yelped, then screamed, promptly smacking him upside the head with the blunt end of their foul smelling branch.

With a yipe, Heavypaw retreated a little, feeling the stickiness of his blood mat up in his fur.

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 10:09 am

He'd reacted well and had thundered over to the tiny white pup, hot on his heels she kept herself back from racing forward and leaving him behind. It wasn't hard to keep up with the burly wolf, despite the rough terrain that made footing a little difficult. Out of nowhere the brown wolf skidded to a halt and dumped Avalanche in some long grass, managing to halt herself before she slammed into Heavypaw he turned and issued forth a powerful howl that nearly deafened her so close was she to the creature that made it. The noise was one she was sure would be heard around for miles, after his impressive display the wolf pulled back his lips showing his sharp fangs in a threatening display towards the human. Before surging forward he locked his gaze with hers and sent her a worried look and a warm smile all at once, the look in his pine green eyes sent warmth running through the greyhound combatting the fear that had brought coldness with it. Before she could say anything he was gone, thundering back towards the human, “Idiot!” she howled after him the humans kill-stick could strike at such a close range indeed she thought she had lost him forever when its noise went off. Staying with the clump of grass and the pup she watched Heavypaw leap at the human, torn between racing off and defending herself she in the end opted to go and help her friend after she heard a sickening crack and deduced the human had whacked him upside the head.

Dashing forward she covered the ground far quicker than her friend had, ducking around too quickly for the human to realize she leapt up and grabbed a sizeable chunk of the mans rear. A soft savage snarl erupting from her, I've lost too many friends to your death-sticks, no more! Releasing the human she jumped back in time to dodge a swipe with his stick, she'd never really realized how weak they were. Most of her life they'd had her on a chain, and now that she was free she could see them for what they were, instead of going for his rear again she jumped forward and dug her teeth into his calf muscles trying her best to rip them. Unfortunately this time she didn't let go quick enough and clocked a whack to the side of her head that stunned her, falling to the ground she lay there a moment her head ringing with the strength of the hit. It hurt, but she'd be okay, getting up again it took her a few seconds to remember how to speak “We should leave! There are other places to go!” shaking her head and trying to clear the cloudiness from it she staggered out of reach of the human and flicked him a look asking him to humor her and choose to flee this time.
Back to top Go down

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Panting Heavily, he looked over towards Delilah, who was sprawled out next to him. She got hurt too. His anger and his fear became overwhelming, and he hauled himself back onto his feet in time to see that the creature had it's bang stick pointed right at him. It seemed solely focused on him, not her. So he took it as an opportunity to save her. "No, you run, get Avalanche to safety."

The apprentice weaved over to the side as another deafening crack erupted into the air. Time to finish what this thing had started.

(OOC: RNG Time! Open the spoilers to see what the numbers would mean and the result!)
RNG:

After the first bang, Heavy took notice that it took the creature a moment to reinsert something into the stick. This was his time to strike!

The burly wolf lunged forward and used his maw to thrust the contraption aside, sending it clattering to the ground. Then he used all his weight to bring the beast crashing down. There was an audible yelp of alarm that came from the creature, and fear scent began to almost replace the stench of the other smell. But even sensing its fear, Heavypaw didn't stop there. He remembered how they took his mother away only to bring her back even sicker. He remembered all Delilah's stories of how horrible they were.

This one won't be allowed to hurt anyone else ever again.

With a snarl, Heavypaw jumped up and clamped his jaws down on the creatures face, biting down hard and giving it a couple chews. It hurt his teeth to chomp on bone, but he wanted to completely shred this guy.

Blood was spraying everywhere, and once Heavy took time to realize that, he stopped and stepped away. "Let that be a lesson to you!" barked Heavypaw as he made sure he was in its eye sight. "Don't you ever, ever come here again!"

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 9:44 am

She struggled to move properly, her friends worse only causing more worry for her, staggering back to where the pup was she turned and watched confusedly as Heavypaw took care of the two leg. He used his maw to throw the death-stick to the side and out of the way after that he savagely mawled the creature until blood was spurting everywhere. She watched it somewhat distantly, quite concussed and very likely that she wouldn't remember any of this later, trying to think of somewhere safe to go she vaguely remembered a place that hadn't seen any two legs in moons. Trying to call out to Heavy it took her a few goes to remember how to speak again “Heavypaw lets go! I don't want to be here with the two-leg there” she didnt have the willpower to pick up Avalanche and so she gave him the choice or stay or come with them. Wheeling about on four unsteady paws the greyhound walked rather wobbily towards the old orchard that at least was mostly safe from two leggers.
~The Old Orchard~
Back to top Go down

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 pm

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Heavypaw stared at the bloody mess he had created. His eyes showed no emotion, he felt nothing. Satisfied, maybe. A sense of calm swept over him and he lifted his sticky muzzle up to face the sky. Are you proud of me? I saved her. I saved them.

There was no screaming wind to answer him, and he was fine with that. Before he followed Delilah, he stopped by the soft pup and gave him a cold stare. "If I were you, I'd get out of here. It's not safe here anymore. Either follow us or find some other weak sap to take care of you.
This isn't some two leg nest, nothing will ever be safe or handed to you on a silver platter. You work for your survival."
This was the best advice he could give him. But leaf bare was coming soon, so he may as well be dead already.

The apprentice let out a huff before hastily returning to Delilah's side.

-Old Orchard

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Avalanchepup
Pup
Avalanchepup

RP Stats
HP:

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 8:21 am

Avalanche yelped when he was picked up and hid in some grass so when the grass touched him he crouched down and used it to hide inside of it. He lifted his head with a whimper at each gunshot he heard and when the wolf returned he backed away from him. "B-but I have no-where else to go!" he exclaimed and then gasped sadly as the wolf walked off and now he was alone in the grass. He tucked his tail in fear and then an oily tear leaked from both his eyes. He stood up and started walking off away from Delilah, feeling rejected by everyone. He headed towards WindClan territory.

~ WindClan & SunClan border)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dead River Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead River   The Dead River I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dead River
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Five Clans RPG :: The Clans & RP :: Loner Lands-
Jump to: