An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Old Orchard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StarClan

PostSubject: The Old Orchard   Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 am

First topic message reminder :

[Idea by Pixiepaw]

Credit

Remnants of a great orchard kept by Twolegs, this great orchard has nearly every kind of fruit avaliable making it rich with possums, birds and other animals that enjoy fruit - Naturally where there is prey there are wolves
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thefiveclansrpg.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Julian
Loner

Location : Land of Oz. No, not the one you're thinking of. The one with roos

RP Stats
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Skill: 0

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 am

Happily asleep in the sun, he tried to ignore the poking from the eager beaver pup at his sighed, but she was a determined little thing. Finally moving, he rolled over and nearly squashed her, making her giggle. Listening, he nodded his head and swiped his tongue over her ears. “Alright kiddo. Stay safe, and remember to watch what's going on around you.” Yawning, he watched her trot off happily, amused at how independent she was, but also how attached she was to him. Stretching, he got to his feet and shook himself off, making a cloud of pollen rise into the air that made him sneeze. Remembering that he'd wanted to have a chat with Mel, he cast about for her scent and trotted off to follow it. With Claire gallivanting off with the black rogue, he had a few days to himself, and he wanted to get to know Mel a bit better.

Abandoned Mine

"There is nothing more painful than your first howl being one of grief."
”Time for tucker?”
“Get the job done and grab some smoko, mate. Ease up.”
"G'day, mate. How's it going?"
"Yeah, no worries. She'll be right, mate."
"Yeah, nah - that means no. Nah, yeah - that means yes."

I Come From a Land Down Under

Dictionary 1 Dictionary 2 Dictionary 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delilah
Deceased

Location : Running as fast as i can, after the gingerbread man

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:55 am

The fawn and white Greyhound finally made it to the place that was quite away from the town of Shadesbury, she could pick up the scents of some other loners but in the end it appeared the scents were old enough not to be a threat. Finding a place that was safe enough she lay down and only then noticed what was causing the lack of light, the sun, it was gone. Well not gone but blocked out, what did this mean? She wasn't one for superstition as it was, frowning the female shivered a little feeling rather cold without the sun her thin silky fur doing very little to keep her warm. Glancing about for Heavypaw as she was a little worried that the two leg might have done something to him, she had to check and make sure that he was okay. When he finally did show up she rose to her feet and greeted him with a soft nudge “Are you alright? That was so reckless! He could have killed you, They've killed so many of my friends... I was terrified i'd loose you as well” shaky and upset after what had transpired she snuggled close to the large brown wolf nestling her muzzle into his fur for a brief moment before insisting on going over him taking care of the few wounds he had.

Other Characters: Ashdust, Blackaddder, Bramblerose, Cheshire , Claire, Curlyriver, Dappledforest, Dragonstar, Eaglevision, Embershard, Glittershine, Honeybadger, Jesterfang, Lana, Melissa, Mustangspirit, Peachblossom, Ravensky, Rosethorn, Shadowheart, Silentstorm, Silverfern, Stormblade, Stormlight, Sunheart, Timescatter/Spacedust, Tremblecloud, White Demon, Willowmist, Windfleck  
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:56 pm

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Once they were away from the danger, Heavypaw sat down. As Delilah came to his side, he wrapped his tail gently around her small frame and tucked his neck above hers. Licking the blood off his maw, he waited to answer her frantic words until he could think of the right ones to say.

He waited until he felt her heartbeat slow down and shakiness decrease before finally speaking. "I'm okay. I'm sorry I scared you... I just didn't want to lose you as well. My mother was taken away by one of them, and when they brought her back she... wasn't the same. I didn't want that to happen to you too. I never would leave you. I just want you to be safe."

Heavypaw sighed and embraced her for as long as he could. "I was so scared I would lose you."

" ...found myself "

posting code done by lilypadlils

Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 am

She felt safe with the burly males tail wrapped about her, leaning into him quietly he finally replied to her words, his voice soft while he explained why he'd reacted the way he had. His mother had been taken away by people and when she'd been returned she wasn't the same, shivering at the idea she snuggled into his warm fur. Heavypaw explained that he didn't want that to happen to her, that he'd never leave her, he cuddled her closer and added how scared he was that he'd loose her. The thought made her feel warm and fuzzy, she glanced up at the wolf quietly “You wont loose me, Heavypaw, I promise” she genuinely liked him. Their competition up the cliff had been great fun and she longed to do something like that again with him. “Lets do another competition some time so I can kick your butt again” Delilah said with a smile on her muzzle once again, it was easier to think of good times than to dwell on sadness. Looking up at the sun again briefly she shook her head a little and got up to stretch herself out "Can you teach me how to hunt? So far just running at things isn't working out that well" he was a wolf after all surely he could teach her how to hunt. That way she could survive on her own better when he was back with his pack, the idea of joining his clan hadn't even entered her mind as she didn't think dogs would be allowed to join.

Other Characters: Ashdust, Blackaddder, Bramblerose, Cheshire , Claire, Curlyriver, Dappledforest, Dragonstar, Eaglevision, Embershard, Glittershine, Honeybadger, Jesterfang, Lana, Melissa, Mustangspirit, Peachblossom, Ravensky, Rosethorn, Shadowheart, Silentstorm, Silverfern, Stormblade, Stormlight, Sunheart, Timescatter/Spacedust, Tremblecloud, White Demon, Willowmist, Windfleck  
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Heavypaw felt a warmth spread through his chest as he smiled. Lighting up a little, he parted from her and stretched himself out, his muscles were aching with how much he'd already done today, but, he could hold out for Delilah's request. "Ah, I think you'll find it much more difficult to beat me in our next contest!" he teased with a grin, rising back up to his full height. He circled around her once to get a good look at her... ahem, assets, to see what she could use to help her in her hunt. She was small and lithe, her pelt would blend in perfectly once leaf-fall set in. She was also fast- much faster than him. This would make her a perfect rabbit wolf.

"I'll teach you what my mentor taught me," he suggested. "We'll start with learning how to hunt rabbit, though I doubt we'd be able to find much out here with everything in it's current state of disarray. But it's worth a shot. First, lift your nose into the air- like so- and breath in deeply. Focus on everything that flows in through your nose.
If you're lucky, you'll scent a musky odor that is similar to that of droppings. Rabbits make dirt a lot more often than you or I."
He demonstrated the proper sniffing technique and waited to see what she'd find.

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:30 am

Grinning to herself when Heavypaw announced that he wouldn't be so easy to defeat next time she had to keep herself from rising to his challenge. Watching him as he circled her, she wasn't quite sure what the glint of his eyes meant but kept her trap shut. Nodding happily when he told her that he'd teach her what his mentor had taught him, that they'd learn by starting with rabbit. She agreed that it was a little uncertain whether they'd find any prey or not with the world in the strange way it was, the sun gone and humans striding about as if they owned the place. He demonstrated the correct sniffing technique and asked her to try, copying him she closed her eyes to better think about the smells that came to her black nostrils. Inhaling deeply the smell of droppings and musk came to her nose after several long moments of sniffing about, opening her eeyes she looked gleefully at Heavypaw “I think I smell one” she murmured not sure if she'd spook the animal or not. The old orchard was filled with rabbits, them all having figured out that it was night time and so safe to come out and munch away on grass without a care in the world. Delilah looked at Heavypaw for guidance on what to do next, her brown gaze lit up with excitement, she wanted so much to learn how to hunt for herself and be self sufficient.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:48 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

The dark apprentice looked at his friend through narrowed eyes, unsure whether to believe her or not. After his failed hunt with Lilacsplash, he certainly didn't have his hopes up. But he didn't want to let her down. However, when she announced she had the scent he blinked in surprise and sniffed to air to see for himself.

Sure enough, the whole warren of rabbits from earlier were here, munching on the flowers in the safety of the darkness. Silly rabbits, nighttime is wolf time. "Very good," he complimented, sincerely shocked. "Now, rabbits will hear you before they ever see you, so you're going to want to crouch low like normal, but stay light on your paws. Don't let your tail stir anything as you approach them. Once you're within distance,
leap where they will be, not where they are. Try not to over estimate them either,"
he added with a flinch as he recalled the embarrassing moment when the rabbit made their dirt on his head after a failed lunge. What was worse was Larkstar was there to see it all.

"Now, show me your best crouch, then, when it's good enough, I'll move to the other side of them and we'll corner them. From there we'll run in and kill as many as we can grab." Heavypaw suddenly remembered they weren't hunting for his Clan, but decided not to correct himself. Whatever they caught that they didn't eat, he'd bring back for them.

But the Code says to wait and eat until your Clan has been fed, the apprentice thought with a strike of guilt in his chest. But surely if he caught enough, it would be alright? If they didn't get lucky, then he'd wait to eat until he got back and let Delilah have it.

Heavypaw looked up at the sun again to see if it was moving at all. It wasn't, and he quickly looked away. It stung his eyes, but he just wanted to be sure.

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:08 am

Glowing with happiness when she was praised, her thin whip like tail wagged fiercely, it of course had been entire luck that the rabbits were stupid enough to think that it was nighttime which was when they became more active. Paying close attention to Heavypaw as he explained that rabbits had great hearing and would likely be able to hear her before they ever saw her, nodding a little while he explained that she needed to crouch down but remain light on her paws. Stopping her tail from wagging when she was told not to let it stir anything. He told her to leap once she was within distance but not where they were at that moment but where they will be, he added with a slight flinch not to over estimate them either. Wondering what memory was associated with the flinch, she tilted her head to the left watching his familiar features rather quietly. He asked for her to show him her crouch, then mentioned that he'd move to the other side of them and together they'd corner them and kill as many as possible. A little surprised at that she stared at him, why kill as many as possible? She only needed to eat one or two, and if they killed too many then they might not be able to repopulate the area. Not sure if she should bring that up or not she hesitated a brief moment, then asked her question “Whats the point of killing as many as possible? If everyone did that there wouldn't be enough to go around” surely it made more sense to only kill what you needed to eat, if you did more than that well you were like a human. Shivering at the memories of humans she, turned her gaze back to the rabbits that were eating happily, she missed his look up at the sun too busy worrying about her own morals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:19 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Heavypaw shook his head. Sure enough she was much more attentive than he was and quickly noticed the slight fault in his logic. "Forget I said that. I'll let you do it then," he quickly replied. "I just was thinking of my Clan that's all. We have several mouths to feed and every hunting party so far has come up empty." His stare grew distant as he looked away from her. All I've been doing all day... what was I doing all day? I trained with Larkstar this morning, met Delilah, hunted with Lilacsplash, then the sun left... now I'm back with Delilah? Surely my Clan is worried about me? Surely I need to be providing for them too, not just my friend?

He shook his head again. I'll go hunt for them after I know Delilah can do the same for herself. He nodded to himself. Yes, I have to make sure she'll be okay too.

Heavypaw struggled to decide what the right course of action was. He didn't know what to do. But he needed to finish what he started.

Wrestling his attention back onto Delilah- which wasn't too hard to do- and examined her crouch. He circled around her once more and gently pushed down on her flank with his tail.
Rabbits may be dumb, but they certainly know a dog butt when they see one!"
he teased playfully. "Aside from that, looks good. Let's see what you can do."

The dark apprentice stepped aside and watched her, waiting to see how well she'd do.

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:53 am

Delilah listened to him quietly privately thinking to herself Why should a large pack steal prey from loner territories when the loners rely on those to keep them fed? A pack should stick to its own territory she naturally didn’t say this and instead focused quite intently on her crouch. Blinking at the tail on her flank she pressed her rear end closer to the ground with a bashful smile on her muzzle. “Okay” watching as he stepped to the side, the dog took a deep breath and focused, feeling her natural determination flare up again giving her the courage to go forward. Slipping along the ground as quietly as she could, she quickly figured out the easiest way to move and disperse her weight evenly over the ground. Focused intently on her prey she would have been unaware if a train rocketed past, once she was within reach of one of the tasty looking morsels she sprung forth and missed. Quickly kicking into chasing mode she locked on one and barreled after it quickly clicking into the double suspension gallop that made her breed so revered and good at racing. Streaking over the ground after the rabbit she was too seconds too late, her jaws closing around air just as it slipped into its hole, not wanting to give up she began digging sending pawfuls of dirt out behind her as she did so. Digging and Digging until she ran out of steam and stood there panting heavily her body needing to cool itself off from the amount of energy she’d put into it. A little embarrassed that she’d failed so badly infront of Heavypaw the golden dog stood carefully inspecting her paws waiting to hear gales of laughter coming from the dark male. [/color]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larkstar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:43 am

"Had he really come this far?" Her thoughts of worry for her apprentice were now tinged with doubt. "Why?" Shaking her head, the she-wolf carried on, following the trail forward. There was no good explanation that she could think of for Heavypaw to come all the way out here. Truthfully there was no good explanation for him leaving camp in the first place, and leaving the territory was a completely different matter altogether. But there was no way Larkstar planned on leaving her apprentice out here alone, so she continued on.
As she neared the area, Heavypaw's scent grew stronger, but so did another scent, one that made her frown. "A dog?" She could now detect the smell of another canine, and a nagging suspicion entered her mind. "Oh Heavypaw, what have you gotten into?" Lark was not new to budding romances with wolves from outside the clan. She had even busted her own brother for such a betrayal. But was she now going to call out Heavypaw for such an action as well?
Hearing voices up ahead, Lark slowed her pace and crouched, opting to hide in the brush away from the pair. Staying downwind, she perked her ears and listened, picking up threads of their conversation from where she stood.
"Rabbits may be dumb...know a dog...aside from that looks good...what else you can do."
Larkstar listened, feeling a shred compassion for the young male whelm inside of her. "So he's teaching her to hunt." It was indeed a kind thing to do, but Lark knew well that becoming close to a loner could only have negative consequences. The dog made a sorry attempt to catch a rabbit, but the leader was very impressed with her speed. That was all besides the point though that Heavypaw had done something he shouldn't have and she needed to correct him. After watching for a few moments, the she-wolf decided to reveal herself, quite anxious to retrieve Heavy and bring him back to camp. She padded forward and uncovered herself, watching as Heavypaw saw her and giving him a look of disappointment and irritation. Quite frankly, it wasn't so much that he had been hanging out with a loner that bothered her, it was that he had snuck out and onto the loner territories when she had deliberately told him not to leave camp. "Heavypaw? What are you doing out here? I believe I told all the apprentices to stay in camp." Her tone wasn't exactly friendly or angry, just flat. She would allow the apprentice to explain himself before scolding him privately.

Last edited by Larkstar on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://larky-the-potato.deviantart.com/
Delilah
Deceased

RP Stats
HP:
40/40  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:45 am

Delilah had slowly lifted her head to look over at Heavypaw “What did I do wrong? How can I get better?” before her answers were given to her, another wolf showed up. This one a female and fully grown, guessing that she was higher in rank than Heavypaw her tail tucked a little, she wasn’t a coward so to speak but she knew when it was time to go. Backing away as the wolf came closer, her ears remained perked showing how focused she was on the pair, internally wincing as the wolf demanded to know why he was out in the loner territories. She wanted to say it was her fault but her lips wouldn’t move, swallowing hard she managed to get out “I-I’m s-sorry! Its my fault, he’s out here because of me. I-I’ll go now a-and wont come back” her gaze flicked from the intimidating female to look over at the dark brown youngster she liked and respected “Goodbye Heavypaw" she murmured softly, her gaze lingering on him for a few long moments before the dog turned away not wanting either wolf to see how upset she was at the loss of her friend. She wouldn't be able to come back here now, she'd have to stay in Shadesbury and risk being caught by the dog catcher, pushing away her feelings she didn't linger. The golden dog picking up her pace into a swift trot that carried her away from the others, unsure of where to go she ended up heading back to the park, that was a good place and hopefully she could practice her hunting techniques on some squirrels.
~Shadesbury Park~

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

"That actually wasn't bad compared to my first attempt," Heavypaw complimented with a wag of his tail. He padded over to her to make sure she didn't get hurt when suddenly Larkstar appeared. Her face was expressionless, and her voice didn't seem to clue him into how she was feeling either. He didn't expect her to actually go out looking for him.

"L-Larkstar?? I was just- it was just-" before he had a chance to explain Delilah had already spoken up. What? No, it's not your fault! No, don't go! The golden dog turned around and left at an agonizing pace.

Heavypaw wanted to run after her, but he didn't want to be in any more trouble then he already found himself in. "I'm sorry Larkstar, I wanted to get out of our territory because the wind is just driving me mad and I can't stand it. While I was out I was going to try hunting out here and see if I could find something for the Clan since all the prey is gone where Lilacsplash and I had hunted." He pinned his ears flat against his skull and tucked his tail between his legs, cowering in a submissive position. He could feel his throat tighten and face flush as he avoided eye contact.

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Larkstar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:38 am

Larkstar watched as the dog backed up and apologized, but the she-wolf didn't have to much of a focus on her. This was the loner territory after all, and she had no right to drive the other canine away from land that wasn't hers to begin with. But she made no attempt to stop the dog, and as she padded away Lark turned back to the apprentice. Listening as the male started on his apologies, she felt a flash of pity towards the young male. Yet Larkstar wasn't about to let Heavypaw get away with such deeds, and she gave him a look that suggested her frustration and shook her head. "Heavypaw I gave everyone direct orders not to leave camp alone! And that especially included apprentices! And no matter how much the wind annoys you, that gives you no right to go wandering into territories that are not our own!" The she-wolf lashed her tail, letting her message sink in. "You're lucky you didn't meet a more powerful wolf out here! What would you have done if you had run into trouble? Could you imagine Cypressrunner's face if that would've happened?! We've hardly covered the basics in fighting, what makes you think you can just go off and have your own rendezvous while the rest of your clanmates guard the camp?!"" Larkstar was running out of breath and her fur was bristling. Realizing she may have been ranting for too long, the fiery-tempered leader took a step back and sighed. "Look, I know you mean well. But that's no excuse for disobeying orders. When wolves go against instructions, others can be hurt or even killed by their reckless actions, even if they had no bad intentions in the first place." The she-wolf flattened her fur and flicked her ears. She felt more calmer now then before, but she still planned on giving Heavypaw some sort of duty when they got back to camp. Perhaps she's make him clean the elder's or warrior's den. She knew Honeybadger would indeed like that. She also considered the possibility of confining him to camp for a couple of days, but that might put them behind on his training and Lark didn't want for that to happen. Giving him a more calm and slightly sympathetic look, the she-wolf sighed again. "Come on, let's head back to-" SNAP. Something, too heavy to be a prey animal stepped on a twig. It wasn't necessarily loud, but Larkstar picked it up with her acute hearing. "Is there a wolf closeby?" She couldn't scent any, but then again, the wind was blowing towards the direction of the noise, so it was too hard to distinguish any sort of smell. She glanced forward and narrowed her eyes, pricking her ears for any other noises.
After a moment she heard another softer sound, then another, then another. Something was approaching them slowly, as if creeping up on them. Larkstar instinctually felt her fur bristle and ever so slightly bared her fangs. The wind changed direction for a moment, and she finally caught the scent of the new intruder. "Oh..oh NO!" Her mouth went completely dry and her paws began to tremble. It was all she could do to not gasp and pant with fear, as she registered the stranger's scent. Lark knew the scent of Two-legs well, for it was to them she had been disfigured, turned into one of their experiments and virtually tortured. They had taken away one of her closest friends as well as her old home.
"Heavypaw- we need to leave now!" Her voice was soft but urgent, and her eyes conveyed fear. She understood exactly how two-legs attacked, knowing that they could kill a wolf from a long distance away with their dreaded fire-stick. Some of her own clanmates had died to that fowl contraption, and she was in no way going to get herself or Heavypaw killed in such a manner either. "Go, Go!" She knocked his rump with her nose and pushed him forward, putting him in the lead. If the two-legs decided to pursue them then hopefully she would be in the way of the young male.

Last edited by Larkstar on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 am

Heavypaw wanted so badly to just interrupt his leader to try and explain things, shaking his head with frustration as she began to lecture him, but knew it was best to just take his scoldings and get it over with. But Cypressrunner was allowed out of camp. Why can't I? Frowning, he rose back up and nodded as Larkstar was beginning to suggest returning back home when suddenly the familiar scent of the creature was back, as well as the throat-clogging stench of his stick. Fear gripped him as Larkstar pushed him ahead and the two began running for their lives. "So, this might be bad timing," Heavypaw began as he panted next to his leader while they ran, "But Delilah and I encountered one of these things before. If we can get the stick away from him, he'll be completely defenseless!"
Back to top Go down
Larkstar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:24 am

The fay glanced over to her apprentice as he suggested a course of action that they could take. "You've ran into one before?!" She hissed to him softly, fear making her breath come in shorter gaps. What in the world has he been doing since he was made an apprentice? Did he leave the camp often? These thoughts and more flickered through Lark's head as she ran but she didn't voice them, opting to concentrate on running instead. Heavypaw's comment made her think, but it was quite a risky thing for only two wolves to do. Sure, the clans had been able to attack the two-legs when she was rescued, but it had taken many wolves to do so. "There might be more then one two-leg. It's too risky with an apprentice around." The trees around them were spaced apart, but up ahead they got thicker and the leader hoped that they could make it to the area before the two-legs struck.
BOOM! Something whizzed through the air by her and Larkstar felt full adrenaline course through he veins. She dropped behind Heavypaw even more, trying to cover him fully from the fire-stick's line of sight. BOOM! Something struck her back right leg. Agony raced up her limb and she stumbled. It felt like the muscles in it were on fire, and she grimaced and tried to get up but failed. "K-Keep running Heavypaw!" She barked out to him, panting for breath as she tried to deal with the intense pain. BOOM! She had turned her head back to gaze at the two-legs, and that's when a second shot fired, clearing right below her left front shoulder and effectively cutting off both her lungs.
The world began to spin and the she-wolf. She made a brief attempt to get up again, but everything seemed to slip from her grasp and she fell forward, going limp on the ground. Thankfully her death was quick, but rather painful, and the world began to darken. The crunching of the two-legs' feet got louder as they approached, and Larkstar gave into the blackness.
8 lives left
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:19 pm

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Heavypaw chose to ignore the fear, shock, and anger behind his leader's voice as she realized he's been out before. Probably shouldn't have said that, he thought to himself as he ran. The familiar cracks of the creature's stick snapped through the air, whizzing by the WindClan wolves. His ears swiveled as the sound of Larkstar's pawsteps seemed to slow down behind him. What are you doing! He looked over his shoulder in time to see the bullet rip through her leg.

The slender she-wolf tumbled and rolled, then tried to rise again only to collapse. She strained herself, screeching for Heavypaw to keep running, but his legs felt like lead. His whole body went completely numb. No. He quickly skid around and rushed back to her when a second boom thundered in his ears and disoriented him. The apprentice shook his head wildly, trying to scramble his thoughts back together as he ran up to his leader. But when he got to her, he was too late. There was a gaping hole in her leg... and her side. Blood oozing out of the wounds faster than fire ants move when you piss them off. "Larkstar, no!" he ducked his head into her fur, fighting back his tears. Not again, not again! He couldn't be responsible for another death, he just couldn't! "Larkstar, I'm so sorry, this never should have happened. It should have been me," he cried, knowing she'd wake up again, and fearing that she'd hate him forever. It was all his fault.

The twoleg was approaching- fast. It had it's stick clutched against its chest as it ran in loud puffs of breath. It was coming to collect Larkstar, just like it took his mom! Heavypaw let out a vicious snarl, letting every hair on his pelt bristle in fury. Instead of grimacing in fear like he had hoped, the twoleg just stood still and aimed its stick at Heavy. He knew he should have been afraid. He knew he should run. But he felt nothing. Nothing but anger... hatred. Hatred towards himself. He didn't care if he died.

Charging forwards, he didn't flinch as it shot off a warning shot just above him. Why isn't he trying to kill me? Heavy didn't spend too much time wondering about this, instead he puts it to his advantage.

RNG:

As the apprentice came ever so much closer to the creature, it fired again. Heavypaw flinched as he felt something graze just over his head. Heh, missed. He thought with a devilish grin and just stood in front of the twoleg as it fumbled with its weapon. I'll teach you to hunt my leader! Heavy launched himself towards the human and threw his stick aside. With that out of the way, he tore into the flesh and kept tearing until he felt the bone crunch in his jaws. But he didn't stop there. He applied more and more pressure, shredding every inch of skin he could reach, until the frantic flailing had ceased.

Blood was stained on his muzzle, dripping down his chin. Heavypaw paid no mind to this until he felt some seep into his left eye. Lifting a paw and brushing it over, he winced in pain. Looks like the twoleg didn't miss after all. With a heavy sigh, Heavypaw returned to his leader's side and lay there waiting for her to come back to him. He didn't try to think of an elaborate explanation for what she'd see when she did though. He didn't care. He didn't feel like he needed to explain himself. He didn't feel... anything.

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Larkstar
Clan Leader

RP Stats
HP:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Pain. Weight crashed down on her and sharp teeth dug into her pelt. Larkstar opened her eyes and leaped upward, completely caught off guard by her attacker. Last time she had visited Starclan, she had been greeted by starry wolves offering words of wisdom and comfort. But now they seemed intent on having her dead. Feeling the oppressor digging claws and fangs into her scruff, the she-wolf immediately rolled over onto her back, ridding herself of the stranger. But the wolf on her was nimble, slipping to the side and leaping off just in time to avoid being crushed. Fangs snapped shut on her side, and the leader wolf let out a scream of pain, wriggling out of the stranger's grasp and standing up on her paws again. The attacker paused briefly, letting out a twisted grin.
Larkstar now had a chance to look over her attacker. It was another she-wolf, a little bigger then her but close to her size. Her fur remained obscured in shadows, though she did have piercing bright yellow eyes. "My oh my, a clan leader crying out in pain. Do you need your mother little wolfy-sweetie?" The she-wolf taunted out maliciously, her voice as smooth as silk. Lark bared her fangs but continued to stare at her opponent. Blood dripped from an open wound in her side, but she ignored it. "Who are you?" She snarled to the other fay, fur bristling in both anger and unease. The other wolf only smiled, tilting her head. "Oh, but you never had a mother did you now? Nope. That pathetic whelp of a she-bag had planned on abandoning her offspring before they were even born." Larkstar let out a low growl, her eyes narrowing into amber slits. Her fur bristled out of rage, and she lowered her head, flattening her ears. "Huh? Are you offended by my words? I thought for sure you would've known." She gave Lark another grin and cocked her head impishly. "Ohhhh, I know. She wasn't there to give you a life waaaasn't she? What could that mean I wonder? If she wasn't there to kiss up to you in your petty leadership ceremony, then I wonder-" Her banter was cut off as the Windclan leader leapt at her. Lark attempted to go for her throat, but the other wolf dodged at the last second, and she only dug into her shoulder instead. Sinking into deep muscle, Larkstar shook her head, drawing more blood before she was knocked off. She stumbled to her paws again, looking up in time to see teeth aimed towards her face. She nimbly dodged the fangs that attempted to tear one of her eyes out, feeling the jaws snap shut over her left ear instead. Pulling back her head, she wriggled free, though her ear remained shredded in ribbons. Blood now dripped down the side of her face and dribbled into her mouth. The metallic taste washed over her tongue and she stopped to gaze at her attacker once again. The other wolf grinned as they met eyes, perking her ears forward and flattening her fur nonchalantly. The other wolf didn't even show the slightest sign of fear or aggression, just a twisted joy that appeared on her features. "You know what the best part about all of this is? She could be here." The she-wolf narrowed her eyes and curled up her mouth into a wider smile, showing glistening teeth against the faint light. "In fact, how do you know she's not the one you're fighting?" Larkstar snarled and leapt forward, fangs bared as she clamped down on the other wolf's side. However, the she-wolf's fur suddenly changed. Her pelt had transformed into a soft brown with white markings. Pulling back in surprise, Lark glanced back the fay, watching in horror as her face had transformed completely, softer features masking her once shadowed appearance. Her eyes were now a deep amber that gave the leader a gentle look. "Don't you remember your own mother Lark?" Larkstar stepped back and bristled, eyes widening in alarm. For a second she remained frozen, as if in a trance. She then shook her head as if trying to clear the awful sight from her mind. "No, no. You're not her. You're. not. her." The wolf in front of her gave her a sweet smile. All of the sudden her features began to change. Her eyes went from amber to black, and a thick inky substance began to leak from them. Her mouth pulled back in a smile began to stretch wider and wider until it consumed half of her face. Her fur began to thin and pull back, and the bones under her pelt became visible as her skin stretch to unnatural lengths.

"C o m e  t o  y o u r  m o t h e r   l i t t l e  w o l f."

Every hair on Lark's pelt rose in horror. What stood before her was no longer her mother, nor a wolf at all. A hideous beast loomed in front of her, fangs bared in an alarming size. Every part of her screamed for Lark to run, yet her paws would not move. It was as if her muscles had been turned to stone. The thing in front of her laughed and glared down, reviling the leader's terror. "Go back to your clan little wolf. Tell them all you saw." The beast then leaned forward until she was right up against her right ear. "And here's a secret. Every one of your clan that dies during the eclipse won't be taken to Starclan. Oh no, we have a much more fun destiny in store for them."
The creture then stepped back, revealing more wolves behind it. "No..." What Larkstar saw was enough to traumatize her for the rest of her days. Lilacsplash and a warrior from Thunderclan who she recognized as Jaydust were there. Two large wolves had pinned the both of them to the ground, and several other dark forest wolves ran back and forth among them, leaving deep slashes and wounds in their pelts. Larkstar bristled and lunged forward, but another larger male blocked her way and snarled, his face curling up in a grin. More teeth snapped down on her scruff, and the brown she-wolf growled and squirmed free, crashing her own jaws upward to bite into the chest of another wolf who attacked her.
Suddenly the world around her began to fade. "Wait! Stop!" She howled, desperately trying to move forward to rescue the poor queen. Lilacsplash caught sight of her, her eyes widening as they fell upon her former leader. Lark launched herself forward amongst the dark wolves who tried to block her attack. Yet the world was slipping from her grasp as she began to wake back up. "No! I won't leave you here!" But her struggle was all in vain. Larkstar met eyes with the queen oncemore before reality grasped her back into the world of the living. The delicate queen smiled and mouthed something to her, but it was too faint to be heard. The leader felt tears forming in her eyes as the dark land faded, the feeling of leaves and dirt beneath her paws and the scent of Heavypaw mixed with two-leg, informed her that she had left that shadowy realm.

. . . . .

Pain. The feeling of blood dripping down her side remained as she awoke and opened her eyes. But the external pain of her wounds could not even compare to the internal torment that wracked her heart. She rose slowly to her paws, eyes conveying unmasked grief. "She's still there. They're...torturing her..." Tears welled up in her eyes, and for a few moments she forgot briefly where she was and what was happening around her. Nothing seemed to matter except that one of her clanmates was trapped in the dark forest, forever to be in agony as she was mercilessly torn apart.
Larkstar said nothing to Heavypaw for a while as he had padded back up to her with blood on his muzzle. Instead she just stared, trying her best to slow her escalated breathing. "Heavypaw..." She started, trailing off when she finally noticed the amount of blood on his face. It was not his own, at least that much she could scent. It took her another second to find the two-leg body that laid sprawled on the ground close by, fang marks throughout it's body.
Lark gazed at the two-leg briefly, realization dawning on her on what her next course of action would be. "We...need to head back to camp. There might...be more...two-legs around." Her sentences were choppy from her emotional exhaustion, and it was all she could do to keep the tears forming in her eyes not to spill down on her cheeks. Her apprentice did not need to know what she saw, and if she were to confide in anyone about it, it would be Ashfrost or Honeybadger, not a young apprentice.
The she-wolf stood up slowly, taking another shaky breath. It occurred to her that several wounds had marked her pelt, especially the prominent one on her right side that still oozed fresh blood. Her left ear also remained shredded, but she mentioned nothing about either of these injuries to the male. "Let's go." There was nothing more to say as Larkstar began to pad in the direction of home. She didn't remark anything to Heavy about his behavior or lecture him anymore about his leaving camp. Larkstar felt emotionally detatched from everything, and the look in her eyes conveyed her pain.
~Windclan Camp~

(OOC: Here are the rolls I did for Lark vs the Dark Forest Wolf, They were all randomized from 1-30 on Random.org, except for one which was randomized from 1-15 so that Lark wouldn't accidently die in the fight.)

DF she-wolf rolls a 22.
22 + 2 = 24 - 10 = 14
30 - 14 = 16
Larkstar has 16 HP left

Lark rolls a 17.
17 + 2 = 19 - 10 = 9
30 - 9 = 21
She-wolf has 21 HP left

DF she-wolf rolls an 11.
11 + 2 = 13 - 10 = 3
16 - 3 = 13
Larkstar has 13 HP left

Lark rolls a 16.
16 + 2 = 18 - 10 = 8
21 - 8 = 13
She-wolf has 13 HP left

DF male rolls a 10.
10 + 4 = 14 - 10 = 4
13 - 4 = 9
Larkstar has 9 HP left
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 am

|| heavypaw ||

" Lost you... "

Heavypaw waited by his mentor's side until her eyes were to dart open and she jerked up. Rising slowly to her feet he stepped forwards and pressed himself against her side to try and assist her. While he waited for her to awaken again, he noticed wounds forming across her pelt. He said nothing however, he was sure she knew very well what happened, but doubted she'd be telling him anything. She turned around and started heading back to camp, and Heavypaw followed, his muscles aching from the adventure of a day he'd had.

- WindClan Camp

" ...found myself "

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Old Orchard   

Back to top Go down

The Old Orchard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Five Clans RPG :: The Clans & RP :: Loner Lands-