The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Swiftend Cliffs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarClan

StarClan

The Swiftend Cliffs Empty
PostSubject: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:52 pm

The Swiftend Cliffs Iceland2008-Latrabjarg.cliff

Named for another previous ThunderClan leader, these cliffs make up another edge along the coast and open up to the raging sea below, where many sharp rocks are waiting. At the bottom a beach forms, which continues south and into Riverclan territory. Many birds roost here among the rocks, and reptiles do too. There are a couple cave entrances underneath the water.
Back to top Go down
https://thefiveclansrpg.rpg-board.net
Anders
Loner
Anders

RP Stats
HP:
The Swiftend Cliffs Left_bar_bleue40/40The Swiftend Cliffs Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)
Skill: 0

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 am

The salty coastal breeze ruffled Anders' thick fur, the sensation and scent reminding him of puphood. It has been many moons since he'd seen the ocean, and even though it was far beneath him, crashing violently of the cliffs, it was a calming and welcome sight. He stopped and sat near the ledge, his ears pressed back on his head. He closed his eyes and took in the scent of the sea. He missed home, his packmates, his mother... But he missed his scrawny friend the most. A pang of guilt made him open his eyes, he had to keep moving. He stood up, looking sadly at the battered rocks beneath him, and pressed onward.

He hadn't missed the smell of wolves when he walked into their territory, and the wind blowing in from the sea would carry his scent inland. Anders hoped they were friendly, but wolves in packs rarely were anything but aggressive or highly suspicious, so he picked up the pace. As he strode along the cliff edge, he looked to the field on the opposite side and scanned the terrain for any prey. He wasn't very fast, so it was unlikely Anders could catch something like a rabbit, but he hadn't eaten for days and he might as well attempt it. As he was thinking this, a rabbit hopped tentatively out of it's hole, as if to tempt Anders. Licking his chops, he lowered himself down against the sparse grass and crept forward. He wasn't exactly stealthy, his dark frame contrasted with the blue sky, but he got close enough to lunge at the rabbit. The rabbit was in it's hole before Anders even came close, and he fell over before taking a deep breath to regain his composure. Keep calm Anders, do not let the rabbit break your composure. Shaking the dirt from his fur as he stood up, the large wolf went back to his original path. Maybe the wolves in this territory left some scraps he could scavenge.
Back to top Go down
Maplepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Maplepaw

RP Stats
HP:
The Swiftend Cliffs Left_bar_bleue20/20The Swiftend Cliffs Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am

Some where along the way the tears had escaped her eyes, doing her best not to cry too loudly as anyone hearing would be embarrassing the rather upset and lonesome she wolf did her best to remove the tears from her face. She was an apprentice not a pup, to cry because her brother and his friend had been promoted and she hadn't was silly, she was a silly dithery idiot. No wonder why Blackpaw-Adder hates me, I'm so pathetic so caught up in her thoughts as her creamy toed paws carried her along. Maplepaw didn't really realize there was someone else at the cliffs until she almost ran into him. Blinking her green eyes up at him Maplepaw stared at the large brown male and backed up fairly quickly, he looked to be heck of a lot bigger than she was which meant she with no warrior training wouldn't stand a chance if he wasn't friendly. Still the code insisted she challenge any and all wolves who were not of Thunderclan who trespassed on their land. Attempting to make herself bigger than she was she tried a growl which wasn't all that convincing, if anything anyone would be able to tell she was no threat at all. From her poorly postured stance that was supposed to be a battle stance from the lack of conviction in her gaze. "y-you're on Thunderclan land stranger! You n-need to leave..." she had to stop herself from saying please, a warrior wouldn't say please to a stranger trespassing on their territory. Unable to help the soft sigh that escaped her she gave up on the battle stance and stood up properly shaking out her curly fur a moment "Who are you? Didn't you smell the scent markers? What are you doing here?" she sounded quite a bit more confident speaking like that as if she could believe the words a bit more. Surely it would help if she showed some manners instead of just outright accusing them? She couldn't be sure, however she'd find out soon enough although she was past the point of caring if the loner turned out to be a rogue and attacked her. Death right about now didn't bother her, what was the point of living when her only family hated her and no one else in the clan really noticed her existence?
Back to top Go down
Anders
Loner
Anders

RP Stats
HP:
The Swiftend Cliffs Left_bar_bleue40/40The Swiftend Cliffs Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Head tilted in confusion, Anders looked down at the small orange wolf that nearly bumped into him. He had seen her coming and kept still as to not look too suspicious, but seeing her up close made him realize he didn't have anything to fear. She was older than a pup, but not fully grown, and Anders could easily drive her off if need be. The wetness around her eyes softened Anders' stance, and he sat down as to not appear too intimidating, even though the shadow cast by his large body still covered her. "I did smell the scentmarkers, but I was just passing through. I'm not familiar with the 'Thunderclan' pack, but I won't give you any trouble." He spoke simply and politely, his calming tone suggesting no hostility. The younger females pathetic battle stance was making it difficult not to chuckle, though. After she had softened her aggressive stance, he continued. "However, it looks like something is troubling you, fledgling." Normally he wouldn't stop in another pack's territory, but he had to make an exception for a destitute young wolf. She was obviously distraught and her pitiful battle stance would see her dead to a house-dog.
Back to top Go down
Maplepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Maplepaw

RP Stats
HP:
The Swiftend Cliffs Left_bar_bleue20/20The Swiftend Cliffs Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 11:02 pm

The male explained that yes he had noticed the markers, and that he was just passing through. He added that he wasn't very familiar with Thunderclan either, thinking it all over she decided that from now on she'd approach Strangers on her clans land with calm politeness as it seemed to get more out of them. The stranger appeared to be perceptive, or perhaps it was just blindingly obvious that she was upset, still it was better to cry out here in private than in camp and be fussed over. Deciding she might as well talk to the stranger, because after all how was talking breaking the code? Lifting a paw she absently pawed at her muzzle trying to wipe away the rest of her tears, it was just embarrassing that someone else had even noticed she was upset. "My brother and his best friend were made warriors while I'm still an apprentice..." remembering he'd said he wasn't familiar with the clan she added "its a different rank, apprentice is what I am when you're in training to be a warrior of the clan. We started out as apprentices at the same time but my mentor the one who trains you vanished and now Blackadder...." she closed her eyes gritting her teeth for a brief moment "Will have even less inclination to talk to me or want to be around me" It was painful but true, her brother still blamed her for what had happened with Lionpaw an Lightfire. Tucking her tail somewhat and looking thoroughly depressed her gaze flicked out towards the sea and the cliff absently remembering what it had been like when her brother had loved her. She missed those times and desperately wanted to return to them, even with a new mentor she felt greatly alone. I really am pathetic the words rang in her head as she finally returned her gaze to the large wolf she was now assuming to be a loner, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Anders
Loner
Anders

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 12:09 am

Anders wasn't surprised she hadn't been promoted to a lofty sounding rank like warrior with how little she seemed trained, but a missing mentor will do that. He looked around and smelled for any other wolves before asking, "Do you want help training? I'm not the most skilled in battle but I can show you a proper stance, at least." He stood up and stretched as he continued speaking. "But I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm Anders." He finished stretching and bowed his head while flattening his ears. "Pleasure to meet you." His voice turned more noble but kept it's calm and humble tones. The idea of trying to train a member of this 'thunderclan' in his pack's style seemed like it could backfire fantastically, but he was willing to give it a try if it meant he could help. Just teach her a bit on defense, that should be enough...
Back to top Go down
Maplepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Maplepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 2:12 am

Listening quietly she brightened up a little when the stranger offered to train her, it seemed no one in her clan was interested in training her. Only wolves that weren't from Thunderclan "I'd appreciate it" he introduced himself with a bow of her head and out of a willingness to be polite she did the same "Pleased to meet you Anders, I'm Maplepaw" about to ask what he was going to teach her, a cold draft arose making her fur fluff out in an attempt to keep herself warm. It grew dark too and she wasn't exactly sure why, the blue sky was free of clouds after all, not really understanding what was going on she just turned her forest green gaze back to the brown loner who'd kindly offered to teach her at least something about fighting. She was well aware that she stood no chance against anyone but she couldn't particularly help it, she'd never been taught after all. Still she was eager to learn, and would soak up information like a sponge while trying her best just like she always did.
Back to top Go down
Anders
Loner
Anders

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 am

After watching the orange wolf return the bow, Anders nodded to acknowledge her and took a stance. He shifted his weight evenly between his limbs as he stood with them separated from each other. His head lowered to the ground, while he instinctively raised his hackles. The large, dark wolf seemed to increase in size as his fur stood on end, he hoped he wasn't too intimidating. "Right, when positioned like this you cover-" Anders stopped abruptly as the sudden temperature drop broke his focus. Standing up in a more natural position, he tentatively raised his nose in the air and tried to smell for anything, to no avail. "This is disconcerting..." As his eyes scanned around, the creeping darkness became apparent. "This is unusual, and could bode poorly. You should return to your pack." He tried to focus on the sun, but the ring of light where it once was made his eyes burn for the split second he glanced at it. Turning back to the small wolf, he realized he couldn't send her off on her own in the hopes she'd make it back, he'd feel too guilty. It might not hurt to ask her pack for refuge, either, at least until this blows over... Anders had a bad feeling forming in his stomach, and he didn't want to be caught alone in the unnatural darkness. "I'll help you back to them, just to be safe."
Back to top Go down
Maplepaw
Warrior Apprentice
Maplepaw

RP Stats
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 am

Maple watched curiously as the large male moved himself into a stanch and spread his weight out over his four limbs evenly. He also lowered his head closer to the earth and strangely his hackles rose at the same time making him bigger and more threatening. Swallowing hard she reminded herself that he wouldn't hurt her, why would he want to after all? He began speaking and oddly stopped half way through a sentence for some unknown reason, had he decided that he didn't want to teach her after all? She drooped a little at the thought, however he spoke muttering about something being disconcerting, she didn't know what that word meant and so she followed the adults gaze a little confusedly. He then added some words about returning to the camp, so he didn't want to train her after all, he'd just been being nice, sighing softly she nodded and made to leave before pausing at his words. Looking up at him the young she wolf nodded quietly “Okay Anders, its this way” not thinking about the trouble she'd get into with Rosestar for leading a stranger and a potential threat back to camp she gave the large wolf a warm smile and picked up her pace to a trot so she'd be able to keep up with the males longer strides.
~Thunderclan Camp~
Back to top Go down
Dark Forest Mercenary
Dark Forest Mercenary
Dark Forest Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 6:34 am

A dark shadow glided over the grass, hastily escaping the forest, searching. Searching for what? Work. The shadow stopped at the edge of the cliffs. Wind whipped at the smoky form, relentless. A growl escaped from the mass- dark and low. Finally, the darkness carried away with the wind, revealing a black and brown canine, his back sloped gracefully, his head held high and proud. A pink tongue lolled out of his mouth as he scanned the ocean ahead of him. It felt great to escape the expanse of a neverending, dull forest. Sure, it was odd territory, but he didn't care too much. He wouldn't be staying. He was out, and that's what mattered. But he was still bored. Life was dull. No work to be done, no twolegs to sink his teeth into- wait. Yes there was! He just had to find them. Just the right ones, no one armed. He didn't give a hoot about the clan wolves, not until he was assigned to wreak havoc on them. All his enemies were long dead, their allies dead, the allies of their allies dead. He didn't have a bone to pick with anyone... Until he was told to. No, he didn't have allies of his own. Whoever promised him the best rewards got his service until his work was done. It was lonely, yes, but did he really care? ... Maybe. But it was best. Wolves intimidated him, while commitment was a foreign concept.
'The old territory was better,' he thought, lip twitching. He despised the scent of salt, and the wind carried it from the sea, straight to his powerful nose. Shaking his head, the male cast his gaze over his shoulder, and he closed his mouth in thought, panting coming to a cease. He figured it'd be soon enough before one of the fellow Dark Forest roamers found him, offered his something. He had a reputation of a sort as someone who did his best to carry out his tasks. Sure, he wasn't perfect, but he was something. He was no great, strong, mighty alpha wolf. But he knew how to fight, how to cripple, how to kill. And he enjoyed doing so.
Yet, alas, there was nothing for him at such lonely cliffs. He lifted his head to the sky, tongue lolling once again. Perhaps he'd find one of the fellow wolves from the Dark Forest in which he hailed? Such an idea was appealing to the male. With a flick of his tail, his form returned to black and was carried away by the wind, searching of another to follow.
-Sunset Point-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Swiftend Cliffs   The Swiftend Cliffs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Swiftend Cliffs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Five Clans RPG :: The Clans & RP :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: