The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadesbury Pound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarClan

StarClan

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Shadesbury Pound Dog20pound20area_zpsq0esbupi

This is where the dog catcher brings the dogs he caught from off the streets. The pound has many enclosed cages where the animals are provided food and water bowls, and a bed. It is a rather cramped space, and the pound itself has a musty smell laced with the scent of bleach. There is an outside area that is fenced in on the pound, and sometimes the employees will let the animals out here to stretch their legs, but never for very long. Dogs that have been staying here for a while also have a chance of being put down to make more room for newer dogs. Humans can purchase canines here as well, but most prefer to buy from breeders.
Back to top Go down
https://thefiveclansrpg.rpg-board.net
StarClan

StarClan

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 5:54 am

Dog-catcher:

He brought in the papillon he'd caught and set him in one of the cages. Taking a look around it was quite apparent that the pound couldn't take in that many more dogs. If there were too many strays captured, they would have to put some down. It seemed like that time was coming soon. He'd have to have a talk with the staff once he returned back from patrolling around the town. Before he left, the dog-catcher made sure that the cage was securely fastened and then he headed out to capture some more dogs.

------

The dog-catcher returned, this time with a sheltie and a dalmatian. He transferred the two of them from his car to cages in the pound. The pound was now basically full to capacity. He wasn't certain what they would do to remedy the situation. He couldn't go out and capture more dogs if there weren't any cages to put them in. He thus decided he should speak to the pound staff right away. After some deliberation, their conclusion was that they would have to put some of the dogs down. They had called a few shelters to see if they could relocate some dogs to them, but the shelters they'd called were full and thus their attempts had sadly been to no avail. While the dog-catcher left to catch more strays, a few staff members selected the dogs that would be euthanized and began to lead them away. Among the dogs chosen were the papillon and the sheltie. They were taken into one of the back rooms, the doors closing with a thud. They would never return.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian
House-Dog
Sebastian

RP Stats
HP:
Shadesbury Pound Left_bar_bleue30/30Shadesbury Pound Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Skill: 0

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 am

Sebastian was still in shock that he'd been captured. How? He'd manage to avoid the dog-catcher his entire life, but today had to be the day he got caught? Why? He couldn't figure out a way to free himself from the cage in the dog-catcher's car, and when he was led into the pound he still wasn't able to escape the collar. Eventually he found himself in one of the pens inside of the shelter. He watched as Sofia was put into the adjacent pen. There were so many dogs here. How long had the majority of them been here for? I've got to get out of here. Escaping certainly wouldn't be easy, but there had to be a way. But what was that way?

He sniffed around the cage he'd been placed in, his nose wrinkling when he noticed the food and water bowls in the corner. He refused to eat anything given to him. Especially so in this case, when the food had been supplied by the humans who caught him. He growled with frustration and sat down. He needed to work on planning an escape. Perhaps he'd bolt when someone opened his door. He just had to work out the variables to increase his chances of success.

As he was busy planning, he noticed a few humans approach other cages and take a few of the dogs away, Sofia among them. Warily, he watched the humans. None of them approached him, and he wasn't certain whether he was relieved that they hadn't brought him to wherever it is they would have or frustrated that he hadn't had a chance to escape. Just where are they taking those dogs? After some time had passed they still hadn't returned. Recalling all of the stories he'd heard of the pound, realization dawned on him: those dogs must have been 'put down,' as it was called. He stared at the door they had disappeared behind, feeling fear for once. Would that be him behind those doors one of these days?
Back to top Go down
Slit
Deceased
Slit

RP Stats
HP:
Shadesbury Pound Left_bar_bleue10/10Shadesbury Pound Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Slit kept on his furious yapping, panic setting in as he clawed desperately at the cage. Gnawing, yapping, whining, begging- he tried to do whatever was possible for the humans to let him out. However, he grew tired and increasingly hopeless, opting to lay on his side. He was about to fall asleep, until he was put into a new, bigger cage. Wrinkling his nose, the papillon padded around, studying the new cage before sitting down with a scowl. "What is this?!" he yapped, placing his front paws on the wire front. "I am a beautiful, dashing show dog! I don't deserve to be put in such a place! I need my plush pillows and mink fur blankets! I demand to be taken home right this instant, you filthy creatures!" he cried. However, his eyes lit up as he noticed a couple of humans making their way over to him, one stopping in front of his cage. "Yes! Yes! Take me home! I want my owners right now!" he yipped, wagging his tail and perking up his ears. He didn't notice the rather sad look the human had as they picked him up, taking him into a back room. It was then that his happiness changed to dread- absolute dread and panic. Thankfully, his death was swift... But unfortunately, it wasn't as glamorous as he wanted it to be.
~Rip Slit~
Back to top Go down
StarClan

StarClan

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 3:10 am

Dog-catcher:

Bringing the gentle greyhound in, he was glad to see that there was a free spot for her beside the dalmation from before. Giving her a quick pat, he surveyed the rest of the room. He needed to know how many more dogs he could get on this trip before having to wait for the pound staff to clear it again. It looked like only one or two, so he kept that in mind and headed out again, determined to clear the streets of Shadesbury for the people who lived there.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

Location : Running as fast as i can, after the gingerbread man

RP Stats
HP:
Shadesbury Pound Left_bar_bleue40/40Shadesbury Pound Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am

She’d been well behaved mainly out of fear, the small cage giving her flash backs to her racing days, a shaky mess by the time she was allowed out, the inside of the pound felt rather cold to the silky furred hound. Placed in a cage beside a dalmatian, Delilah looked up at the human as he reached down and flinched a little. However the only thing he did was give her a pat before leaving her in there, sniffing around her kennel and discovering Sofia had been In there before her she couldn’t help but wonder what on earth was going on. The pound was full to bursting and the noise of dogs constantly barking had her curled up on the bed in there shivering. As it happened she was in the pound for a couple of days until it was deemed she didn’t have an owner, either to be put down or shipped off to the dog fighting ring she’d been becoming more and more wound up and upset. Pacing around her kennel and not eating any of the food they offered her, not really paying much attention to anything apart from her constant pacing, not bothering to talk to Sebastian. The only thing on her thoughts being Heavypaw, she’d never see him again now, she’d be put down or sent to the fighting ring where she’d be torn apart. Eventually a pair of humans stopped outside of her kennel, and very certain they were going to take her to the dog fighting ring she attempted to hide underneath the blanket she had on her soft basket. The laughing that sounded in response was soft and gentle, peeping out shyly from underneath the blanket she took a better look at them, The female two leg was ash blonde and had green eyes that twinkled, the male was short but smelt of dough. When they k down, the golden dog very slowly made her way over to them flinching back whenever they made a move, over time she gained enough trust in them to sit down at the kennel gate and licked their fingers when they were pressed through. In the end she left the pound with them, a pretty pink collar on her and a cheap leash, waggling her tail and sniffing all over she couldn’t believe that she was free of the place. Although her ears fell back a little as she remembered she couldn’t go and see Heavypaw anymore, taking a breath she decided that she’d stay with the people who’d rescued her for now, they’d saved her life. They walked with her chatting pleasantly amongst themselves, they seemed kind good people, and so the gold Greyhound walked with the two two-legs back to their home.
~Uptown Suburbs~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadesbury Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadesbury Pound   Shadesbury Pound I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadesbury Pound
Page 1 of 1